Kiev 60 broken spool holder

rmeskill

<p>So my Kiev 60's feeder spool holder (the retractable metal piece in the bottom that lets you insert and remove film) seems to have stripped. Either the thread on the male or female end is loose and the part won't stay together, meaning I can't keep a roll of film in. Does anyone know if epoxying or soldering the piece in might work, or does anyone else by chance have or know where I could get a replacement part? I emailed Kiev USA, but haven't heard back yet...<br>

Thanks, <br>

-Ryan</p><div>00Xmcg-307713584.thumb.jpg.286f4c37af0912e1a324a55040bba149.jpg</div>

<p>If the female thread is damaged, you might want to try a <a href="http://www.emhart.com/brands/heli-coil">Helicoil </a>insert to fix it. </p>

<p>Epoxy might work, but if it does, the parts would permanently bonded. I'm not sure about silver solder, (I don't think regular plumbers or electronic solder would hold) but you might be able to fill the female thread with it and then tap it. </p>

<p>Or, you could just find a junker on eBay and scavenge the part you need. </p>

<p>Not sure the female thread is big (as in deep/long) enough for a helical insert, and I'd tend to agree epoxy might be a bit drastic. I'll try silver solder and see if that works out-at least I know I should be able to remove it in the future if necessary. That is, unless anyone out there has a junker (at the moment ebay seems to be remarkably short of broken/parts-only Kievs)</p>