Lightroom JPG processing and Auto White Balance

<p>I shoot over 20,000 pics a year for the highschool kids, in JPG. Lightroom is great for me. My night stadium shots vary in color rendetion because of the HID lighting wave problems at 1/250. I want LR to "auto white balance" each frame, NOT sync with one adjusted frame, because of the variations of the original images. How do I get LR to do that in bulk, rather than me having to go frame-by-frame and click the "auto" under white balance?</p>

<p>Set the first photo's white balance to Auto. Choose Copy, and make sure you copy the white balance setting along with any other settings you might want to change, sounds like selecting everything is what you want to do. Make sure the original one you are copying stays highlighted. Then do Sync. It will sync the Auto setting, not the actual values, which means you will get what you are trying to do.</p>

<p>You can also select all (or a group of) images and then select (under Develop) Auto White Balance and it will do the group automatically. Results may vary, but LR3 seems to do a decent job if you are getting a color cast such as in mixed conditions like you describe. I think this does the same thing Jeff describes, just another way to do it, maybe his is better.</p>

<p>Mark's method would be faster. The advantage of mine might be that you can do other settings at the same time, but if you're only doing AWB, then Mark's is fine. I generally pick an average setting for a shoot for parameters like clarity, sharpness, noise reduction, and use the Copy/Sync. Nice thing about LR is that I can then modify the settings for the ones that deserve it.</p>