Seamless or Muslin

abdul smith

<p>can someone tell me if there is a seamless paper that mimics the muslin cloudy gray backgound seen in the photos in the link below?<br>

http://fashiongonerogue.com/valerija-kelava-lachlan-bailey-vogue-china-november-2010/#more-38805<br>

at first glance it appears the photos are seamless, and they very well may be, but I can't seem to find it (at least online) at adorama. i've shot with all types of greys, but would like to experiment with some of this more textured grey as opposed to the flat greys..but i still want the neatness of seamless if possible..<br>

thanks in advance</p>

<p>ahh yes, actually did some more research and saw the painted canvas option...<br>

I guess my curiosity is in how it lays...muslin is too soft and therefore easily susceptible to wrinkling as a result of movement..is there a significant difference in the textures/weight of painted canvas vs. muslin?</p>

<p>Well, chances are you'd have to iron out whatever cloth/fabric you ended up using as a background anyway (to avoid seeing wrinkles if you're shooting at anything other than f/4.5 and below. Also, canvas is heavier and therefore if you keep it hanging for a while it will, theoretically and subject to how wrinkled it was before, smooth out naturally.</p>

<p>However, I'm not so sure the background in this image is cloth. It might be seamless, processed with spray paint - it's not that difficult anyway. You may also generate random patterns on your seamless by shooting it with a light and an interesting gobo (like a plant or something)...</p>