Latest version of DPP

robert_edelman1

<p>On a November 4 post in this forum, it was mentioned that the latest version of DPP (v.3.9.2) has been available from the Canon Europe website. I have two questions. First, does anyone know why the US website does not have the update when it is available on the European website? Second, will there be any software conflicts if a user in the United States installs the newest version from the European website? I figure that there will not be any problems, but I thought that I would be cautious and ask before installing the update.</p>

<p>I've been using DPP 3.9.2 on my Mac Pro (OS 10.6.4) for several weeks without any problems whatsoever. When you install, it asks for your geographic region. I always select North America although I live in Hawaii. I suppose you might get some sort of mismatch if your OS has been localized for a different geographic region than DPP.</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>Perhaps they have an in house webmaster while Canon USA needs updates to clear legal counsel<em> </em>and generate disclaimers before bidding out to a freelance webmaster. Or maybe they're just slackers...</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>You'll also want to check the EU site for the other program updates that DPP will depend on. EOS Utility and the like. Still no USA release as of typing this for some reason. In retrospect the EU Canon site used to be behind on updates available for updates that were available in the US site. Maybe Canon just has one guy/team for all the worldwide sites and he/she/they are working on it. The US site also did just go through a major facelift complete with new menu trees.</p>