Basic Umbrella set up

randall_pukalo

<p>Hello. Any recommendations for a reasonably priced single umbrella set up for basic portraits? I want a quick to set up / mobile set up for location portraits. Single light only, maybe a second stand for holding a reflector. I have a Contax TLA360 flash that is fairly powerful - not sure if a battery powered monolight would be significantly better though.<br>

Any kits out there you would recommned (I'd rather not piecemeal the purchases)<br>

Thanks!</p>

<p>i guess the contax and an umbrella should work for portraits ( i don't know the max angle of the flash?! ) you'll def. need one big reflector;</p>

<p>there are kits from interfit ( it's not rock solid quality but i once bought a reflector with stand and it still works after all kinds of abuse and modification ... ) they also have a 16" and 24" box as well as a xl-off cam beauty dish; think this could work even better than an umbrella setup;<br>

cheers</p>

<p>I just purchased two translucent white umbrellas, an adapter for my tripod, and a bracket to hold the flash and umbrella off a certain website... e-b** for $27 and am using my tripod as the light stand... it is working well for now, until i can get some $$$ for a full set up... I am very pleased for the money... i know you don't want to piecemeal the purchase but this purchase is cheaper than a lightstand...</p>