<p>I shoot with a 40d and a 17-55 f2.8<br>

My image is of a group (4persons full lenght) wedding scene at 12.3mp CR2 RAW, this reads as 3888x2592. I then crop to 1998x2497.<br>

Using lightroom 3 I then convert to jpeg for printing and i am now left with a file of only 2.53mp<br>

In LR3 i leave the image quality as 100% at 320ppi.<br>

I am concerned that I have started with a file of 12.3mp and now left with only 2.53mp for printing. Is this right or am i going wrong somewhere?<br>

For printing i use photobox.<br>

What is the biggest size high quality print I could expect from this and am I doing anything wrong in the process to get the final print size?</p>

<p>Thanks<br>

Tom</p>

<p>Do you really mean MP (megapixels) or MB (megabytes)? If you mean megabytes, don't worry about it.</p>

<p>Exporting to JPEG in Lightroom shouldn't affect the number of megapixels, unless you check the "Resize to Fit" checkbox in the Export dialog. (You should do this -- set the dimensions to the size you want to print.)</p>

<p>Mark you're right, sorry I meant MB megabytes not MP, my thought process was that from a 12.3 mb file to a final one of 2.5mb seems considerably smaller. Whilst I am aware that i have both cropped and compressed it to a JPEG, I was curious as to the image quality that would be produced by such a small sized file in terms of MB or is there no corelation here at all?<br>

from a 2.5mb file size in jpeg what size picture with high to good image quality could i make?</p>