Nikon Wednesday Pic 2010: #42

Matt Laur

<p>Good Morning Nikonistas!! Looks like folks had a fun/interesting out and about w/ thier Nikon gear this past week. My shot is from the last morning of my recent sailing trip up in Maine. It was the best sunrise of four mornings but it was also sad to see, knowing it was our last day on the water.</p><div>00XWA8-292193584.jpg.ca00dd2cbf90d40e075c8eca9b0a6e1d.jpg</div>

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Hi everyone,<br>

like so many others I really look forward to Wednesday and the wonderful pictures it brings.<br>

Here's my contribution - a crop of a fence paling that was in the background of a portrait - hope you find it as intriguing as I do.<br>

As always a great collection of pictures this week.</p><div>00XWAZ-292207584.jpg.24c9432515f93f5aadb298a1735050a1.jpg</div>

<p>Hi Nikophiles. Some terrific stuff here again.<br>

This shot was taken some weeks ago, but I've been a bit lazy about doing my post-processing lately and other stuff has taken priority.<br>

Anyhow, tech details are D700 at ISO 25,600; 70-300mm Tamron lens at around 300mm handheld; 160th @ f/6.</p><div>00XWBH-292219584.jpg.5f7e5ee6709bde562736d77220a013ba.jpg</div>

<p>Dieter: beautiful shot,<br>

Jean: not sure you need classes great shot<br>

Tony: love the technic<br>

William: nice portrait<br>

Anish: incredible shot<br>

Himish: from a Florida viewpoint that looks intense<br>

Andrew: interesting view, is that advertising on the bottom of the plane or what<br>

Lex: that shot reminds me that I need to start exercising<br>

Mikhail: good thing you're not afraid of heights<br>

Rick: great shot<br>

Vince: love the B+W<br>

Jana: I like the color mix<br>

Phil: I like it, not sure why but I do<br>

Paul: great shot, I imagine you get a lot of old sailing ship shots in your area.<br>

Alan: interesting, looks like an Owl at the bottom<br>

and the rest of the shots are great too, all of you inspire me to try to shot better and learn more.</p>

<p>Hello all...not the most exciting photo I am posting for this week but it reflects what I am all about now. We just moved into a wonderful, peaceful home Friday and here is my front yard view~ no houses, no nothing~ only 1.75 acres of trees (and an orchard). We also get incredible sunsets, and when I can find the mount for my Manfrotto, I am planning on taking some sunset photos. I have hardly picked up my camera in the last month, but I plan on getting back into my photoing regimen this Thursday when I take off to shoot some foliage at a reservoir. Hope you all have a pleasant day...and if you are in my area, you can always come help unpack, I mean hang out with me shoot the view ;)</p><div>00XWCw-292235584.jpg.daea393aa1fc1b6d9aa29dc998f72a8f.jpg</div>

<p>Thanks to Jeff Lipsman and Jamie Harre for your comments last week.<br /><br />Jeff L - nicely done<br />Tom M - I didn't know Sudek before - great stuff, thanks<br />Bill Boyd - another nice shot with that 70-300 you get so much mileage out of<br />Greg K - cute dog<br />Sanford G - that's funny<br />Tony Hadley - another gorgeous shot! And I didn't know about Orton before 0 thanks!<br />Ray H - nice portrait<br />Grant T - lovely use of color and detail vs blurred background<br />Allan A - I have shot a ton of CC this Fall - maybe half my shots are sharp; nice composition in yours<br />Vince P - very nice B/W<br />Jana H - just lovely<br />Anish M - How did you get him to stop perfectly framed by the trees?<br />Nicole L - good shot; great background<br />Angela D - clever!<br />Ben R - nice B/W. I like the composition<br />Dieter S - well done<br />Doug S - another great one<br /><br />and the Gold Medal goes to Roberta Davidson. Amazing!<br /><br />Mine is from last month. D90 ancient 55/3.5 micro.</p><div>00XWD9-292239684.jpg.acbeb0fb4d4e979846bf6e4ace66a773.jpg</div>

<p>Jennifer M: I'll be happy to help you unpack if you will put me by a window to work. Congratulations on your new home and lovely view! </p>

<p>I had a great photography weekend - lots of opportunities. I have several favorites but this is the one that is ready to post. These are barn owls from our local zoo. My daughter volunteers there on Wednesday and requested a picture so she could sketch them.</p><div>00XWEU-292263584.jpg.258cec26e35ec38c335532eb0285f635.jpg</div>