Nikon D3S Shortage continues .... ?

steve_dibartolomeo1

<p>I've been salivating over getting a Nikon D3s for the extra low light performance over the D3 (I shoot a lot of theater, opera and dance and every little bit helps ...) but when I am finally ready to pull the trigger both Adorama and BH Video are out of stock and no info on when Nikon will ship more.<br>

This camera's been out a while now!<br>

Any advice? Credit Card has been primed and I want to get it before mid November because that's when I do a potful of holiday shows.</p>

<p>Steve DiBartolomeo<br>

Westside Studio Images<br>

Santa Cruz, CA</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Ha! by the time I resolved the credit limit issue with my credit card company (last Friday) Amazon ran out of the D3s and BH/Adorama still don't have any in stock. I see some others do, but they seem to be charging about a $300-$500 premium over the $5199.00 "street" price.</p>

<p>Any ideas where I can get the $5199 street price via mail order? I don't need any accessories as I already have a D3 with the charger, power supply, 3 batteries etc ... I just want to shoot dance in available light at 3200 or 640o ISO as 1600 is not high enough to freeze the dancers.</p>

• 2 weeks later...