Cant load Polaroid 195

<p>Hi All<br />I think I might be missing something really simple because I cant seem to get my 195 Landcamera loaded properly with Polaroid 667. <br /><br />I've followed all the instructions online and in the original manual. I take the film out of the foil. Load it properly emulsion side down and make sure the tabs are not caught. Close the back making sure it clicks shut properly. The film holder fits perfectly and the black paper (darkslide) is perfectly visible. Along with the white tabs waiting beneath.<br /><br />But when I try to remove the darkslide I cant. In fact I have to apply so much force (pull) it almost tears off.<br />I cant get it removed without sliding it out about 4-5cm's with the camera back open and then pulling it all the way when closed again. (All in a darkened room) But then the white tabs don't load right. And I cant pull them out after an exposure<br /><br />Is there anybody that has had the same problem in the past. The camera is in near mint condition and I cant see anything that might be broken.<br /><br />To be honest I've worked with a few Polaroid backs in my time so I'm not a novice but this problem completely perplexes me. Anybody got some suggestions?</p>

<p>Rollers clean and rolling free? if they are gummed up with reside that could hinder smooth loading. If they are, use alcohol wipes to clean. Speaking of cleaning, I believe the entire roller assembly can come out for cleaning. Be sure it seats well when putting it back in.</p>

<p>A) the dark slide doesn't come through the rollers. It comes out where the two halves of the back meet.<br>

B) the white tab is the same, not through the rollers. If you were to open the back with the film pack half used the film pack would just be sitting there.<br>

C) the film tab is the only one to come through the rollers. You need to pull with an even pressure, not too slow.</p>

<p>http://www.instantoptions.com/faqs/faqtrouble.loadfilm.pack.php</p>

<p>There's also the possibility that the springs or timer (if your camera has one) is pinching the pack too much.<br>

http://www.instantoptions.com/faqs/faqtrouble.fujipacks.php<br>

I opened the back in subdued light on my 100 and bent those springs as flat as I could get them. That cured my Fuji problem.</p>

<p>Thanks Guys, I figured out that the problem was the expire/dry film packs I was using. I took out the pack and tried to pull a tab. But the sheets/pictures were so dry they were almost fused together. So much for ebay film right. Such a waste of 667 if you ask me.<br>

Loaded a 665 film pack I had and it worked flawlessly.<br>

By the way, have any of you had any experience with the packs from The Impossible Project?</p>

<p>While the Impossible Project is making new integral films, they have several pack films available. <br>

I've used the chocolate, blue and 664 films. The chocolate make delicious sepia images, the blue is unique - depending on the exposure it is blue/white film or some other color can work its way into the image. They are starting to get a bit older, but I have had no problem with either. I have some of the sepia but I haven't shot with it yet.<br>

I'll miss them when they are gone, but am enjoying them now!</p>