image off phone... tips

<p>nothing much then using a good software (i use Lightroom 3) and working like any other *problem* shot... you wont be able to go big with those shot of course if you want to retain certain quality.. but it can make beautifull image for web and Blurb printing up to a 8x8 (i have done it).</p>

<p>Its a style of there own.. another lowfy look in the holga family and similar low cost camera ; )</p><div>00XTkg-290297584.jpg.85af33b8cd1cf33df7b712994b664b9e.jpg</div>

<p>The first and most important step is to get the original file off of the phone. Many phones--including at least some iPhones and the top-of-the-line Motorola/Verizon phone I had before I got my current BlackBerry--do <strong><em>not</em></strong> send the original file if you e-mail it. Instead, they send a lower-resolution and/or further compressed version. To get the original picture file, depending on the camera, you can either pull it off with a USB cable, or save or copy it to a Micro SD card and then read that card with a regular card reader.</p>

<p>I went though this recently with some pictures a colleague had taken with her iPhone. She e-mailed them to me, and didn't realize that what she had, and sent me, was a lower-resolution, more-compressed version. Fortunately she was at my office a few days later, and I borrowed another colleague's iPhone-to-USB cable and copied the original, full-quality JPEG's.</p>

<p>One thing I might add is, in most cases, you should make a copy, and convert it from jpeg to tiff or a photoshop file.<br>

In most cases, if you leave it as a jpeg and edit that file, every time you save, it will recompress and the file will lose some data, eventually ruining the image. It depends on the program-- some are 'non-destructive'-- but it couldn't hurt to work on a converted copy.</p>

<p> </p>