gazebo photo question

danzel_c

<p>Yes. You can use the different angles of lattice work as framing, one can be inside while other is outside. Example, you can setup a nice pose of the bride looking out over the rail while the groom takes her hand from outside and so on. Also, don't be afraid to use some longer lenses and get some shots with shallower DOF. So in summary what I'm saying is use the architecture of the gzbo in different ways. Also examine the lighting on the various sides of the gzbo to put your couple in the most desireable light. Another thing to consider is how you can use the steps and different heights to position the couple in flattering positions where you have room to allow the dress to follow it's natural line of flow. In the case of the shot you posted, the dress does not follow it's natural flow, nor can it, because there is no room in that gazebo opening and because of the angle and positioning of the couple with reference to the camera angle. So, you can turn the bride more out and have the dress in, or in and have the dress out, or move her to a different step lower and face in some and the groom higher, one foot up, one foot down facing out some. What you have in your shot above is really hard to work with. Hope this helps some.</p>

<p>Danzel, I don't want you to think I'm getting all crazy here but, all those ladies need to have their body weight shifted onto their back foot and have them point their front foot foward and out some. Same with the groom, weight on rear foot and point his toe out. Don't wrap that dress, just follow the line of the back seam and let it sit behind her. All that will just give you simple more polished posing for shots like this. Cheers<br>

Edit, also have those ladies lower their flowers some so arms are at less severe angles.</p>

<p>Another thing that you could/should consider is staggering the side people up and down so they make more of triangle shapes and moving the front couple away from the gazebo more allowing more room to lay the dress behind her and angled back and so on. And edit to your question, no if like your second shot just drop it behind her. Study all the major bridal magazines and study carefully how to lay out dresses and [position the weight feet and hips and following the body curves</p>

<p>Besides some of the advice given, another general tip when you are looking to incorporate buildings (or waterfall, or etc...) is to have the couple stand far enough in front of the Gazebo as to effectively put the entire Gazebo into the background of the frame. In my example below, the B&G wanted an image with the parents summer home in the background. I did the typical shot to check it off my list but then walking up from the dock we got the shot below.</p><div>00XSIe-289063684.jpg.e8603d5b75a46715162f75b2e8f94cd3.jpg</div>

<p>Thanks & you're welcome! Danzel, check out whatever photos you can search on for "Valle Vista Greenwood"(maybe include "blog").<br>

This is a venue I shoot frequently at, and they have their gazebo as the main attraction. You should see lots and lots of ideas there. I'm stealing that candlelight photo idea! ;)</p>