Schneider 240/420 convertible w/Deardorff

jared_charney1

<p>53mm opening should work depending upon the your flange. Mine has a small ridge and I measured the opening based on the outside edge of the ridge. Great lens...even better images due to the blades of the compur shutter. Do a google for Chris Perez. He is a fantastic photographer. You should find some posts concerning the use of this lens.<br>

Jon</p>

<p>Jared, the hole size depends on the shutter, rather than the lens. A 240mm Symmar <em>should</em> be fitted in a No. 2 Compur or Copal shutter, but adapters were available for larger shutters and the Symmar lens range also underwent considerable modifications during its long production. Anyway, if the shutter is fairly recent it will be clearly marked with a number on the lower part of the front face.</p>

<p>If it's a number 2 shutter, then the mounting hole should be 52.5mm in diameter, with a small V notch filed at the top to take the anti-rotation screw. Sometimes this screw has been removed or lost by someone too lazy or incompetent to file a notch for it!</p>

<p>If the shutter is mounted to a lensboard much thicker than about 6mm, then the rear of the board will have to be rebated around the hole to take the retaining ring. BTW, I hope you have the threaded retaining ring, because they're like hen's teeth to find, and expensive to buy new or have made.</p>

<p>The mounting hole size for all Compur shutters of recent manufacture can be found toward the bottom of this webpage:<br>

<a href="http://www.skgrimes.com/compur/">http://www.skgrimes.com/compur/</a><br>

Equivalent Copal shutters have the almost identical critical dimensions.</p>

• 4 weeks later...