MB-D80 Nikon V others

tumble2113

<p>Has anyone had experience with the other manufactures of the vertical grips? There seems to be several with different features and prices.<br>

Since they use two batteries, I assume they should be the same (both from Nikon, or non Nikon) although I have not had any luck with knock off batteries.</p>

<p>Hi Jim, as a fellow D80 owner I have often considered this as well. There seem to be lots of tempting products and pricing on the auction site. I talked to the owner of a camera shop that I consider a friend and he sells both "third party" and OEM Nikon. He mentioned that the Nikon grip is far superior in quality than the "cheapy" and he has used both. The "Targus" brand stuff I have seen seems to be decent. Our local Wal Mart actually sells that brand for the D40 and Canon Rebel as well. Casual looking at them they seem to be pretty decent. If you choose to go that route I would recommend that you get it from Adorama or B/H. At least there you have a chance to return it with minimal hassle if it doesn't meet your standards. I have not pulled the trigger on this purchase yet so let me know what you find out!<br>

Have Fun,<br />Mark</p>