image quality/size graphistudio software

martin_oconnor2

<p>I AM CONSIDERING USING GRAPHISTUDIO FOR THE FIRST TIME. I USE LOXLEY COLOUR CURRENTLY AND WHEN USING THE SOFWARE A WARNING SIGN COMES ON THE SCREEN WHEN A PHOTO DOES'T HAVE ENOUGH RESOLUTION FOR A PAGE OR PICTURE BOX TELLING ME THE QUALITY WILL NOT BE GOOD. USING THE GRAPHISTUDIO SOFTWARE I CAN'T FIND A SIMILAR TOOL, SO FOR EXAMPLE IF I USE THE " FIT IMAGE TO PAGE TOOL " I AM NOT SURE IF THE PRINT QUALITY WILL BE GOOD ENOUGH. DOES ANYONE IF THERE IS A TOOL FOR THAT ON THE GRAPHI SOFTWARE</p>

<p>Graphi Studio's software is rather old by most standards because Graphi shows the images in a low resolution mode to allow for the software to render and place your image in the correct area. The problem with designing in a low res environment is fairly obvious if you are trying to tweak an image. So I've found it best to do the layout in either inDesign or Photoshop, or any other similar program, save to a max jpeg (12 on photoshop) at least 300 dpi and then insert the images into the design software of Graphi (Leonardi isn't it?)<br>

While I am most definitively NOT a graphi studio business fan, their products are good enough to make your clients very happy. You must, or should, use a maximum dpi when saving your jpegs to the file. This will give you a very nice high resolution product.<br>

Your question about fit to page, again, design the image for the page, Graphi has the templates and information so you don't have to guess, but if you design a 10cm x 10cm image and stretch it to 4 times the size you will probably not like the results. Graphi makes albums, not imaging software.</p>