Film advance and shutter problem on RZ67. Help needed ASAP.

terry_evans3

<p>Terry, with what has already been discussed, my thoughts are leaning toward the possibility of a faulty back, or dark slide interface with the camera body. The camera body may think the film has not been advanced, or the dark slide hasn't been removed.</p>

<p>Are you using a standard "RZ Pro" film back, instead of a "Pro II back?"</p>

<p>Does the light go out when you turn the multi-exposure lever to the 'M' position?</p>

<p>There's no film in the back, and it's a Pro, not ProII back. And, yes the light goes out in the M position.<br>

The LED Monitor Lamp glows orange, the film advances, but the shutter doesn't fire. It fires when the RM lever is on M, but doesn't when it's back in the normal position.<br>

Evidently, the shutter is cocking, but not firing normally.<br>

Thanks for your help.<br>

Terry</p>

<p>I experienced many problems with I first got my RZ. Not knowing anything about the camera I started dry firing, firing without this or that and moving the "R/M" lever. I learned one lesson. Don't do that. I never touch that "M" lever unless I'm actually shooting multiple exposures. I never fire the camera without film. I had everything happen, down to not being able to remove the lens when I was going throught that phase. This post may be evidence of my inexperience with the camera but I haven't had those problems in several years. However, your camera may be faulty.</p>