Epson r2880 printing problem with Photoshop CS5

<p>I have a problem printing from Photoshop CS5 on my Epson r2880 printer connected to my Mac Pro running the latest Snow Leopard OS. Printing starts and gets about a quarter the way through when it quits and gives me a "communication error" message. Every once in a while it prints properly which gives me false hope that the problem is solved. I assumed that it was a driver problem so I removed the driver and reinstalled it, didn't work, so I downloaded the latest driver from Epson. Same problem. Then I tried printing using Photoshop CS2. Works fine as does printing on my backup cheap Canon printer. Has anyone seen this problem before? Is this a problem with CS5 or with the driver? It is not a big problem since I can edit in CS5 and print in CS2, but I am curious.</p>

<p>i</p>

<p>I strangely have the sme problem since last week with my Imac 27, CS5 and my 7880... cable have been change, driver reinstall... same thing.. i send 3 different print, sometime the first one work, then in the middle of the second one i got this problem.. Try CS4, all is fine for a time, then suddendly bam.. again out of no where.</p>

<p>I plug the same cable on my macbook pro, use CS4 or CS5, same printer.. all is fine.</p>

<p>Must be one of the new update i have done recently via the system update...</p>