D200 Pano pictures

rawphotos

<p>Weid question about pano pictures. If I'm using my D200 to do the pictures. I set the camera on a tri-pod. Is there a way to use a cable release and mirror lock up to do 6 pictures. Also can I manual focus and then lock the AE/Focas lock to keep it the same or can I do it in the menus? Thanks for any help Jim.</p>

<p>Jim if you set focus and exposure to manual then these will stay the same. Make certain that you do not have auto ISO on because this could still change ISO even if exposure is set to auto.<br>

Mirror lockup will have to be for each individual image, the mirror will come down between shots.<br>

I do not remember for certain about the D200 and mirror lock up but at least there will be a delay for the mirror if there is no mirror lock. But you can look it up in the manual.</p>

<p>Mirror lockup just means two clicks on the remote to make the capture, use it all the time. Just have to lock the mirror up before each shot.</p>

<p>As for focus, After you focus (manually or auto), just switch the switch on the front of the body to manual, instant focus lock! However, this doesn't lock the lens, so yeah.</p>

<p>Of course, if you use a remote, it won't focus between shots anyways.</p>

<p>When you set the camera on the tripod, is it in vertical format? You get a bigger, better pano that way. Like Zach, I'll let the lens autofocus (usually at infinity), then switch from AF to MF on the lens. Mirror lock-up on the D200 is the same as on the D300. You set it on the dial, your first click is the mirror going up, you wait a sec for the vibrations to stop, then click again to take the picture. Just for grins, you might try one pano where you use MLU, and do another one where you don't. See if you can tell which is which.</p>

<p>Jim, There should be a setting in the menus regarding how the AE/AF lock button works - whether it holds until the next shot, or for all shots until the button is pressed again. That said, shooting in manual mode seems easier. And I'm not sure I agree with the other poster who said that a cable release wouldn't focus - I don't have my camera with me, but I'm almost certain my cable release has two steps and focuses the camera when in AF mode.</p>