Photos Looking Greenish

<p>Been working on a Blurb memorial book for about 2 years. The photographs are mostly B&W processed in PS Elements 5. Cropping, spotting, contrast tweaking and imparting a little color from light tan to brown tones. Sometimes a subtle hue of yellow/gold looked good on some of the older vintage photos from the early 20th century. As I’m looking back over some of those early pages/photos on my program from a year or so ago, I’ve been noticing a definite color shift to green on my monitor where there used to be a tan or slight brown tone. More recent photos in the book look OK. I’m using a Dell PC & monitor and I color calibrate with my ColorVision Spyder2express about once a month. I’m noticing the same color shift to green on some photos on my web site and in My Picture folders. Any thoughts on this? Is my monitor going bad?</p>

<p>Chas - My monitor is a Dell 17 inch Ultrasharp 1707FP Digital Flat Panel. Is 6 years old as is my computer - a Dell Dimension E510. I'm on the thing almost every day for about 6 hrs average.<br>

Thanks all for your responses. I'm about to send the book to the printers in about a month or two.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Chas - My monitor is a Dell 17 inch Ultrasharp 1707FP Digital Flat Panel. Is 6 years old...</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Whether or not this monitor is related to the issue, I'd consider relegating it to document editing use only, or perhaps as a secondary monitor. Good 22"-23" monitors are quite affordable right now.</p>