Advising the bride and groom on organising their wedding

andrew_andrews1

<p>I was speaking to a couple recently about their wedding plans and mentioned to them that they had to provide a <a href="http://www.andrew-mason.com/section415137_152590.html">notice of intention to marry</a> in their local district, they weren't aware of this. If they hadn't done this their wedding would have been off! Has anyone else ever saved the day like this?</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I would think the person <em>officiating</em> the wedding would have handled that?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Can't speak for where you are, Theresa, but here in Pennsylvania and, apparently, in Ohio, the couple has to go to the courthouse to obtain a wedding license. The officiant has nothing to do with it.</p>

<p>In Minnesota the rules for license signatures vary by county. And it gets even better since the rules that apply are the ones in which the couple live in, not the one that the ceremony takes place in.</p>

<p>I have 7 counties that I shoot in regularly - and I have saved the Officiant a couple of times - when they said - Don't need Bride / Groom to sign because we're in County X - but they live in County Y - which requirements them to...</p>

<p>It would be so much simplier if we had a statewide, consistent standard.</p>

<p>Dave</p>