How much does it cost to adjust the focus at service center?

sungho_jun

<p>Kevin,</p>

<p>You can do the same thing more accurately for free, <a href="http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/article_pages/cameras/1ds3_af_micoadjustment.html">here is how.</a></p>

<p>SungHo,</p>

<p>Whilst you might have a faulty camera, it is unlikely that you have two bad lenses. Do the micro AF adjustment procedure and see if you are happier, if not then it might be time for a trip to Canon. If you can post an example though as much AF unhappiness is due to unrealistic expectations and or not having enough familiarity with what the camera is doing, or why.</p>

<p>Sung Ho - in UK you can have your lenses serviced once in the warranty period (1 year) without charge. I presume its the same elsewhere. I took my camera in at the same time, but I get conflicting information about what the service centre will do - some people say that the service centre checks them separately so make sure that both are within tolerance, other people say that the service centre will put your lens on your camera and adjust them as a pair.<br>

The potential problem with the second method is that if the lens has been calibrated to match your original camera, you will have the same problem again if you put it on a different camera.</p>

<p>I agree with those who say to try the MFA in your camera menu first.</p>