Wedding Photo of the Week (Available Light) Showcase 8/30/10

picturesque

<p>In keeping with the Available Light theme, this week I am asking for submissions for critique consideration that were taken using available light at a wedding or engagement session, with no added or manipulated light, whether flash or otherwise. The image need not necessarily be very recent.</p>

<p>Make sure it is 700 pixels or less in width - AND - make sure to enter a caption in the caption box on that page where you've uploaded. Some details about the shot would be helpful.<br /><br />By posting - you agree to allow your image to be chosen for discussion and critique for the week. One will be chosen at random. This is not a contest - but simply an image that we'll discuss. Positive as well as constructive suggestions are what will occur. HOWEVER - IF you wish to post your image but DO NOT WANT to be considered for critique - please say so in your caption. Images that show as a link will be deleted and you'll be asked to re-post.<br /><br />Newcomers and Pros are both welcome to post in this thread. The thread will be closed late on Tuesday. Look for the choice on Wednesday. Please do not start the critique in this thread ;-)</p>

<p>Wedding Divas... bride and adorable flower girl, taken just after formal B&G session.<br>

This was one of those difficult shots you take a chance on because, if you didn't, you couldn't forgive yourself.<br>

Canon 5D, 70-200 f2.8L, shot at f2.8, 1/3000 second, 70mm, ISO250. Evaluative metering, AV mode, no exposure compensation. I was rather amazed when I glanced at the histogram that the camera had gotten this shot right.</p><div>00XBYi-274895584.jpg.8a1b609adb2ddbe5373f095dc6fbb53f.jpg</div>

<p>Can't seem to see my original respsonse, so I'll try again... moderator(s), if this comes up as a double, is it possible to delete one? Thanks!</p>

<p>Hey gang, here's my contribution. No post other than RAW tweaks. Nice bright sun, would have been amazing if we were out there about 2 hours later. I found some shade and got a bit lucky with partial clouds. Enjoy :-)</p><div>00XC1T-275257584.jpg.83c48efc4e9d0796911af1d505a81cc8.jpg</div>