What is the quality of construction of the Epson R2880?

<p>I would say its well made in the fact that the plastic that is used is not cheap plastic. For the most part its made of plastic as I would say of almost any other printer on the market except for the high end large format printers. It does have a metal guide bar that the print head guides on, but the gears are plastic.</p>

<p>It is quite heavy for its size. It does feel very solid, and it operates very quietly when printing. I would have to say its one of the top consumer grade printers on the market.</p>

<p>By the way I also have a 4880 which is also mostly plastic. It may have an internal chassis thats metal but Im not sure. It is about 6 times the size of the 2880 and weighs over 80 lbs. It all comes with a price.</p>

<p>K</p>

<p>I was asking it because other printers with which it rival as the Canon 9500 Mark II and the HP 9180 have a top enough construction, since it corresponds with the top range of the 13" printers.</p>

<p>The Epson R2880 shares chassis with other cheaper models as the Epson R1900 or the Epson WorkForce 1100. That is to say, the same chassis is in use for different models.</p>