Timer for Hasselblad 501?

nir_dvorai

<p>Hmmm.<br>

I remember seeing a self timer in a catalogue from Kaiser Fototechnik, but the <a href="http://www.kaiser-fototechnik.de/en/index.asp">current website</a> shows no such item. I own a Linhof self timer from the 70's I think, and another little German antique.<br>

There's nothing at Novoflex.de either. But there is usually always an assortment on eBay. Just put "self timer" in the search field, under cameras and photo.<br>

Another thought, you may find a very long cable release which is an air cable, with rubber ball thing you squeeze to make the exposure. Long enough, one of these could lay on the floor, and under your foot.<br>

Other than that, all I can say is that is is one of the most useful features on my 500 C cameras with C lenses.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Do not have my lenses in front of me, but I think if you are "quick" and have some older C lenses - they have a setting for the 8-second self-timer built into them.</p>

<p>Do not recall seeing them on some of my newer CF lenses. No clue on CFE and CB lens...</p>

<p>Your best hope is to find a body which accepts a battery winder or, better yet, one of the EL bodies. Either can be used with an IR remote or contact closure.</p>

<p>The 501cw won't take a battery winder, and the shutter release is too stiff to work with an air bulb. It's hard enough to use a cable release. I haven't seen a solenoid release since the early 60's.</p>

<p>Thanks for your suggestions. <br>

I'm afraid that if I will use the air bulb shutter release,<br>

I will show in the photo with funny/strange look on my face<br>

because I been focused on how to operate the device.<br>

Can you please share your experience of how easy or how mind distresing<br>

is the air bulb shutter release cable?<br>

Thanks. </p>