Camera to Smartphone Transfer - How to?

<p>Yep, I got that Rob. And yes, Jeff is right. I read all the posts. My reference to the original post was a response to a statement further down. It had nothing to do with me not understanding the responses. Thanks to everyone who answered. I think this thread has served it's purpose. :)</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Certainly a 10+MB RAW file is going to die on the way to many or even most mail servers.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Gmail to gmail does 20 meg. If the recipient doesn't have gmail, you can up-load the file to your g-documents (100 mb limit. cool.) and then share the file with anyone with any email address. Gmail rules.</p>

<p>Richard, a simple net book and then pdanet for your phone, would do what you need; tether your netbook to your droid. I do it all the time.</p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>Sorry Richard this doesn't answer your question ... but I've been beating my head against the wall for several hours and scouring google for the same kind of answer for the iPhone (very similar circumstances too). I shoot freelance for a local paper and I now have an iPhone and Mac laptop that I need to be able to use to transfer 400 - 600K image files to the paper for printing the next day. Since iTunes normal photo transfer method likes to resize pictures that option was out. But FileApp on the iPhone will do the trick.<br>

Install it from the App Store, then open iTunes and select it in the file sharing list that appears on the bottom of the Apps page. Drop the file there (pictures, spreadsheets, word documents whatever), then open FileApp on the iPhone and you can email the files (pictures as small, med, large, or Full size with 900K limit). <br>

Thought I'd leave this note for the next person to go looking.</p>