Experience with B-grip camera belt clip and heavy Nikon camera/lens

chris_duim

<p>Hi. I just came across an item in one of the shops here in Southeast Asia (Philippines, Singapore) that claims it can carry a reasonable heavy camera plus lens (to a maximum of 18 pounds). It's called the B-grip camera belt clip.<br>

I have a D3S and the 80-200/24-70/300 f 2.8s. I realize this is a heavy combination (camera and any of the lenses) and I was wondering if I would be risking my camera and lens with the use of this belt clip.<br>

I have a Black Rapid R-strap I use and find very useful but sometimes the swinging motion of the camera when hooked to the strap becomes cumbersome.<br>

Does anyone have expererience with this clip? I apologize for plaing this on the Nikon Forum but I figured having the D3s and a heavy lens on such a clip requires I post this on this forum.</p>

<p>Do you have a harness (to keep your pants on) when you put a D3s and a 300mm f2.8 lens on your belt? The belt clip might work fine with a point-and-shoot body (10 to 14 ounces) but why chance the weight of a D3s body with a lens? It is a short distance to Earth from your waist....gravity is mean at times.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Jerry, I realized the 300 mm might be too heavy. But per chance the 24-70 might be something that is lighter and can be handled by the clip.<br>

I asked for the experience of people who may have tried this as I found the straps being difficult on the neck or shoulder (much less if one uses the R strap but it is still a heavy load). In case the clip has been shown to fail, then maybe I shouldn't even try it with the 24-70.</p>