Interfit transmitter won't fit canon hotshoe

andrew_kelly2

<p>Hi, I recently bought an Interfit studio Flash Transmitter for our studio.<br>

However, it will not fit onto my camera hot shoe (EOS 1DsIII or EOS 1D IV) have also tried it on another friends camera. Currenly I have to use it with the cable as trigger.<br>

Is there a special bracket for connecting the camera and Interfit transmitter?<br>

Thanks</p>

<p>Perhaps that was done on purpose?</p>

<p>The ETTL II hot shoe contains many active electric pins, around the central sync pin, that should not be used with the Interfit transmitter.</p>

<p>You only need to have access to the central sync pin. Jump shorting the rest of electric pins with any cold shoe could possibly disable or impair operation of the camera flash system?</p>

<p>Just to be sure we talk about the same thing:</p>

<p><a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/242803-REG/Interfit_INT411.html">http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/242803-REG/Interfit_INT411.html</a></p>

<p>I have two of those and they work fine with any of my cameras:<br>

<br />Canon 1Ds, 50D, XT/350D and EOS1-35 film, and Mamyia 645AF.<br>

<br />It has a plastic bottom with the one contact to match with the center pin on your hot shoe. I alway turn off both the camera and flash trigger when I install them together, just to be safe. Just slide the unit all the way on your hot shoe.</p>

<p>Be sure you understand that the Interfit has a battery safer build in, which turnes off the unit after a few minutes. This can not be disabled. If you take time to reposition the subject in the studio, it may have turned off, so you have to turn it back on. I don't like this since often I forget it, but you will be reminded quick when the flash don't fires.</p>

<p>I am not aware of any brackets. You can also use the suplied pc wire to go into the Interfit and your camera PC conector.</p>

<p>BTW, I am now using my pocket wizards most of the time. (b/c the battery safer thingie)</p>

• 2 weeks later...