What should a 105-210 f4,5 ULD be sold for?

jerry_svensson

<p>Hi Guys, </p>

<p>i just got my first Mamiya, a brand new 645AF, with a back and a 105-210 f4,5 ULD. The lens is brand new, just opened for demo´n in a shop. However, its a bit big for me, and a rather go for fixed lenses, so im considering selling it. I having trouble value it, what do you guys think a fair prize would be for this gem? I just want to talk about prizing, so this is NOT a "i wanna sell" post. That one will be up on the classified if i decide to sell it. </p>

<p>Also, recommend me what fixed lenses that is a good start for this camera if yo want :) </p>

<p>Best Regards Jerry</p>

<p>The 150 would fill in what the 105-210 can do so I would start there. You may want to hang onto it for a while because it is a really useful lens. I have found mine to be really sharp and would not want to go without it. The resale value of Mamiya lenses is not the best, so even though it is new you may not get the price you want for it. <br>

A Mint- (small paint scuffs) one is going for $775 on Ebay. They can go for less and up to $900. New on B&H they go for $2371. I would wait a few weeks before selling. Can you ever have too many lenses?</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Also, recommend me what fixed lenses that is a good start for this camera if yo want :)</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Well, in that focal length range you have several choices of fixed lenses. A lot depends on whether you only want AF lenses or are willing to work with the wider range of manual focus lenses as well? In the latter category I would recommend:<br>

* the 110/2.8 is a nice light, fast lens - I like mine. It will focus closer for portraits etc. than the 105-210 zoom.<br>

* the 120/4 Macro is a stop slower and much bulkier, but users say that it is exceptionally sharp at all focal distances - sometimes described as "apochromatic" although that is unofficial. It seems to be popular as a portrait lens for those shooting on digital backs (which all have some degree of "crop factor"), while also offering the versatility of 1:1 macro. BTW the "AF" version is actually manual focus only: it only adds electronic aperture control.<br>

* the 150/3.5 is like the 110/2.8 - I had one for quite some time.<br>

* the 150/2.8 A is better corrected than the 150/3.5 (it has some low dispersion glass, but again Mamiya were coy about officially labelling it "ULD" or "apochromatic"), but bigger and heavier. The "D" AF version of the 150/2.8 is very expensive, although it's not clear whether it is optically any different.<br>

* the 200/2.8 APO is a lens I never stop raving about. The sharpest camera optic I have ever used. Despite its size (with the hood extension), I never take a trip without it in my camera bag.</p>

<p>I would pick one of the 110/120 pair, and the 200/2.8. You could probably get both if your 105-210 AF lens sells at the upper end of the range that George indicated.</p>