Adjusting Aperture while AF Select is set to Control Wheel (on 40d)

oscar_toldwax

<p>Hi everyone!<br /> I have a Canon 40d, and like many other users, I like to keep the af point selecting to my Quick Control Wheel. Since aperture is normally controlled by the wheel in av and manual modes, I can't figure out how to adjust it when the wheel is set to control AF. Any suggestions would be appreciated.<br /> Thanks!</p>

<p>Thanks for responding!<br>

But do you mean I can <em>either </em>be able to control aperture or af points, never both-- even in manual mode where the point is to be able to <em>set exposure</em>?<br>

I guess I'll just have to learn to like the joystick. Thanks again!</p>

<p>I meant that you can't set the same control to do two <em>different</em> things at the same time. You <em>can</em> control the AF points, but not with the QCD, specifically, while you are using it to control aperture.</p>

<p>Maybe the multi-controller would be more popular if it were named something like "nipple" ;)</p>

<p>Hey there,<br>

<br />I remember on my 40D that when on "AV" mode,<br>

-the<strong> large dial on the back</strong> of the camera next to the screen controlled the <strong>exposure</strong><br>

<strong> </strong>-the <strong>smaller dial next to the shutter</strong> controlled the <strong>aperture</strong></p>

<p>When in manual mode,<br>

-the <strong>large dial on the back</strong> next to the screen controlled the <strong>aperture</strong><br>

-the <strong>small dial next to the shutter</strong> controlled the <strong>shutter speed</strong></p>

<p>meaning that in my experience the aperture dial was not the same between AV and M modes.</p>

<p>Furthermore, you may try pressing the AE lock button (*) and scrolling the wheel near the shutter (a-la rebel XTi).</p>

<p>Hope this helps..</p>