RB67 Mirror/Lever Jammed, Lens stuck :(

dan_lee16

<p>put a lens on, (65mm C)<br /><br />It was at 1/4th a second which I didnt notice, fired it then immediately went to reset mirror, which happened to be while the shutter was open.<br /><br />So now the shutter is stuck open, so I cant turn the ring all the way on the lens to remove it.<br /><br />And the lever and mirror are stuck about half way.<br /><br />Havent forced anything.<br /><br />What do I do?</p>

<p>I dont want to wait 5 weeks for shipping from the U.S. for an overpriced PDF reprint.. cant find the PDF repair manual online anywhere.</p>

<p>Probably be just as long wait and quite expensive for me to send this somewhere, it'd probably need to be sent interstate, seeing as I live in Australia, we have nothing.</p>

<p>Is there a hidden way to take a lens off?</p>

<p>Or if I could take the bellows off at the front part I could get in there and reset the lens probably.</p>

<p>Ya peel off the small triangle of leatherete on the front where it says PRO-S. Just under the PRO-S is a small hole. using a paper clip, as you turn the ring you will push the paper clip in (angle it so it is poking twards the center of the lens). AS you push on that little lever the ring will go the rest of the way and let you remove the lens.</p>

<p>If you have another lens handy, take a look at the mount. Looking where the hole will line up with the lens, you'll see a small lever, that is what you are aiming for.<br>

If you need a visual, I have a picture I can send you if you e-mail me.</p>

<p><a href="mailto:automax1@juno.com">automax1@juno.com</a><br>

Paul nyc.</p>

The more you say, the less people listen.

• 1 month later...
<p>i have the same issue with my RB-67 Pro. not pro-s. i had it stored in my bag with a lens on. i took it out, cocked the shutter and fired the camera with no issues. when i went to cock it again, the lever wouldn't budge and the firing button wouldn't depress. the lens is also stuck on the camera and it makes no difference if i remove the back. i tried peeling back the leatherette on the front like recommended to get the lens off, but i don't see the hole that was being referred to only a small screw. is the same hole present on the rb-67 pro as on the pro-s? can anyone send me pictures of what I'm supposed to see? I've searched the forums and cannot find a thread with the pics included. Help! please!</p>

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

<p>Thanks to those who posted this. I've had this problem twice now. With your help I just cleared one of the jams. I may need more than 2 hands to clear the other one. The lens is rather tight. But I have a couple of questions. 1. What causes this? 2. When I cleared the jam & removed the lens I looked it over. There are two rather prominent pins comin out of the back of the lens that are part of the aperature setting. On all my other lenses these pins are aligned with the green dots & cannot be moved On this lens they are all the way at the other end of the slots and I can slide them in the slots. Bad lens? I guess I'll have to find a repair manual for this camera.<br>

Thanks again for the quick help.<br>

Pkk</p>

• 1 year later...