7D neck strap wearing

markflemming

<p>Hi, sorry for such a low tech question but...<br>

On returning from a holiday I noticed that the neck strap on my recently aquired D7 with EF-s 17-85 lens has started to bunch and shows slight wear at the point the neck strap passes through the metal loops on the camera body, this was never an issue on my 20d and 40d as when I passed them on, the neck strap was virtually perfect after quite a lot of use. So my question is, is this now normal on a 7d, if so is there anything I can buy to prevent the stap cutting through.<br>

Regards,<br>

Mark</p>

<p>Like Les, I got rid of the original neck strap right away. I have been using one of the Crumpler straps below for more than a year and like it a lot--very comfortable, and it has little slides near the padded part that makes it quick and easy to change the length a bit when changing positions, e.g., from over the shoulder to around the neck.</p>

<p>http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/588720-REG/Crumpler_ID_02A_Industry_Disgrace_Neck_Strap.html</p>

<p>I agree and have always replaced my Canon straps. For anyone hosting their photos on Smugmug...they will send you a free strap (of course it says Smugmug on it). I've been using these freebies and they are actually much better than the original Canon straps. Enjoy your new camera...I've been loving my 7d.</p>

<p>Thanks Les, Dan I like the look of Crumpler, its getting rave reviews. I must admit my very first camera a Pentax ME super had a very good neck strap fixing like a mini key ring attachment which seems to have been dropped, ah well, progress I suppose, you would think they would look into small things like this when at the design stage, as if I had failed to notice the metal loop cutting into the strap who knows how long it would have been before disaster struck? I am starting to sound like an "old Duffer" now so will sign off!<br />thanks for all your advice</p>

<p>Well, since we're on straps 'n all...<br>

Has anyone had any experience with something that resembles a shoulder holster, but is<br>

designed to hold TWO cameras on either side. I often carry two, and either I come close<br>

to hanging myself, or the camera I'm not holding swings and has come close to hitting things on occasion.<br>

I've seen people using them, but never asked how well they work, and from whom they<br>

purchased.</p>

<p>Hi, Bill, I have never used a double strap shoulder but I have just spotted a supplier whilst following the varius links posted in reply to my question.<br>

<a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/645448-REG/Black_Rapid_DR_1.html">http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/645448-REG/Black_Rapid_DR_1.html</a><br>

Looks like something from a x cert movie but looks aint everything!</p>

<p>I took one glance at the Canon strap, still in the bag wrapper and threw it back in the box. I went to Wolf camera and bought a Quantary Aircell camera strap, a much better strap.<br>

The D7 is an awesome DSLR...<br>

I use Quantary straps on my Olympus E-3 and E-30; they're very comfortable and durable.</p>

<p>Now I'm building another camera system, starting with the Canon 7D. I may get the T2i as a backup/secondary camera... and not use the Canon strap.</p>