Signature / Watermark using Photoshop or Lightroom

<p>I have Lightroom 3 and Photoshop CS5 and need to add a signature to my photos for online use (facebook, etc). I would like to do the strip that goes across the page and has my company name within the strip.<br>

Example photo -<br>

http://www.rawphotodesign.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/rooftop-engagement-session-06.jpg</p>

<p>What is the best way to go about creating this?<br>

Thanks</p>

<p>I do mine manually, and it's pretty fast. I have a watermark file I superimpose as a translucent layer over all of my web photographs. I simply composed the watermark, with numerous copyright years, on up to a decade from now, as I recall, each within a different layer. Each unused year layer is invisible. Only the current year is visible. The file is of the same size as the images I post online that I wish to watermark.</p>

<p>I copy the visible layer of the watermark image, paste as a new layer over my image to be watermarked, adjust the opacity of the watermark as appropriate, fine-tune by lightly erasing where the watermark appears too strong (erring towards the light side, in my case), and then save-as a jpg. Very easy. See my web page (<a href="http://www.graphic-fusion.com">www.graphic-fusion.com</a>) to see what this looks like.</p>

<p>A few details of my design: If a watermark can be reverse engineered, it's possible to un-do it on a large number of photographs. To prevent this I use a very obscure font, and my touch-up erasure makes each of my watermarks "unique," even though they look the same. I also make my watermarks very big and intrusive, while also making them very light, so that they cannot simply be cropped from the photo.</p>