How to clean a whole studio floor in 2 min...

<p>Hi,<br>

i was retouching a shot today, and i tink it will be a good thing to share that little trick with you.</p>

<p>Since many of you shoot on a studio, it could append during the day that you have to stop the shoot if you want you or your assistant (youre lucky to have one) to clean the floor a bit. It could be simply broomed, or many time in big studio they will repaint it quickly to make it new on everyshot.. but what if....</p>

<p>Here's a quick solution for you when you are left with the bad floor during your retouching session. Of course, nothing is better than the real thing, but since im not all the time on a shoot with my whip, sometime i have to clean things up after..</p>

<p>This trick work well of course on a cyclorama floor, on hard wood it will be not that good ; )</p>

<p>For tonight, heres the before and after shot, and a zoom in before and after for you to see more closely.</p>

<p>Tomorow i will describe in step what to do to get this.. seriously, take around 2min to clean the whole thing.</p>

<p>For the curious one; dust and scratch + texturizer + mask</p>

<p>stay tuned ; )</p>

<p> </p><div>00WqTZ-259073584.jpg.ae1e16d2a90aff611b38b0d230c94d54.jpg</div>

<p>Can't wait for the details. I've been using Nik viveza to tackle this problem, but I don't like the resulting texture (well, the result in general if you really want to know.). I'm forever griping that I hate retouching our studio's white background precisely for this reason. Thanks, Patrick!</p>

<p>OK, here's the how to...</p>

<ol>

<li>double your background, call it DUST REMOVAL and zoom to 100% to the floor zone.</li>

<li>go to filter / noise / dust and scratch</li>

<li>put both box to zero to start with, and in the first one use a number that clean the floor putting it really blurry, i put 35 press OK</li>

</ol>

<ol>

<li>create a empty layer fill with 50% grey set to softlight and call it TEXTURE<br /><br /></li>

<li>go to filter / texture / texturizer and select the sandstone option from the roll down menu. Find the number that best suite your need to get the texture you need. press OK</li>

</ol><div>00Wqlm-259313584.jpg.fd285604cad514032560c11a3a1066b5.jpg</div>

<p>6_now you should have 2 layer on top of your background;<br /><br /><br />a_a background copy call DUST REMOVAL that have a white mask beside it, fill this mask with black now.<br /><br /><br />b_a layer call TEXTURE with no mask, create one and fill it with black. Also press and hold the alt key and with your mouse just go in between the 2 layer so your cursor will turn from arrow to a cufflink, click on your mouse. You now have link this layer to the one below...<br /><br /><br />7_go back to the DUST REMOVAL mask and using a brush to the desire size with white select as the foreground color start paining away your floor. If you make a mistake, change the foreground color to black and paint over the mistake, switch back to white to continue removing the problem area.<br /><br /><br />8_when all the floor is done, go back to the TEXTURE layer mask, use the gradient tool, and from the bottom to the middle of your image create a gradient that will expose the texture.. but since you have link it to the DUST REMOVAL layer, the texture will only appear thru the other mask, meaning you had texture back only to the place where you paint earlier...<br /><br /><br /><br />hope you all follow me ; )<br /><br /><br /><br />take 10min to type it and 2min to do it in Ps LOL</p>