D300s and MicroSync Trigger kit

alcyon

<p>Hi,<br>

Our studio just purchased a D300s and a MicroSync trigger kit to work with a set of Adorama Flashpoint strobes. This is the same setup that I have for my freelance work and never had an issue with it. <br>

The kit works perfectly when I test fire it as well as when I use on my old D300 but it won't fire the strobes from the hot shoe of the D300s.To make sure the hot shoe works I stuck my SB600 on it and it fired without a problem.<br>

So: the MicroSync kit and the hot shoe work separately but won't fire once attached to each other.<br>

Any idea what the problem is? I never had to do any changes to my settings on my D300 in order to work the trigger.<br>

Thanks.<br>

jf</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Thanks William but the combo D300s and Microsync trigger shouldn't require a separate cable. It works 100% on my older D300 without a cable...<br>

I was on the phone with B&H yesterday (from whom we bought the camera) and they confirmed that it should work right away as soon as you attach the receiver to the strobe and the trigger to the hot shoe. No changes in the camera setup should be required either.</p>

<p>Slow down the shutter for test, do not shoot the rear curtain sync mode, just use front shutter curtain sync.</p>

<p>Make sure your in-camera flash is not set as a CLS commander with the value "--" - perhaps no trigger through the central pin of hot shoe, no light output.</p>

<p>Make sure there is no 1/250-FP or 1/320-FP flash sync speed selected for the flash in the camera menu.</p>

<p>Sometimes the hot shoe gets disabled when buit-in pop up flash is used, so make sure you disable the built-in flash, and the flash remains closed.</p>

<p>Then... next test, use the PC sync socket on the D300S camera to connect the Microsync, via a PC cable.</p>

<p>Thanks Frank.<br>

It's strange that I should have to change the settings on the D300s when I didn't have to do anything with my D300.<br>

But I'll follow your advice and check on all the points your mention.<br>

Thanks again.</p>