<p>Ok I love lightroom 3 but I don't like the interface for organizing files. I've been using Picasa to sort images and lightroom for adjustments and Photoshop for manipulations. I miss Iphoto from the Mac after 10,000 images files disappeared i quit using it. Plus I no longer have a Mac. Any suggestions for Organization for Windows 7?</p>

<p>If you want to continue using LR, you'd better use it for organising, too. If you shuffle images around in another application LR won't know about these changes and will lose track of the images.<br>

It's a recipe for disaster.</p>

<p>Something I giving a trial run ATM is Zoner Photo Studio Professional<br>

<a href="http://www.zoner.com/ww-en/photo-studio-professional/">http://www.zoner.com/ww-en/photo-studio-professional/</a> <br>

So far I like what I see not sure if I will switch or not, but my lr3 trial is almost up so one way or the other, I will need to make a choise in hte next few days. Price is a littler better then LR as well.<br>

Doesn't hurt to download the trial and run it for 30 days.</p>

<p>Well I don't use Lightrooms Library function. I just open the files when I need to adjust them and then save to the same folder were I organized it in Picasa. I don't really mind if LR doesn't know where they are.<br>

I use Picasa because of the quick view option to view files in explorer it acts like the quick view when using the spacebar on the Mac. Then really like the organization it does over Lightroom's.</p>

<p>Hi Jacob,</p>

<p>Is it possible that you are just more familiar with Picaso and you are not yet used to LR? <br>

As one of LR's many advocates, I started using LR about 9 months ago and even though the learning curve was a bit steep, I never looked back. LR also has a lot of free support out there. To help me, I viewed tons of training videos on various aspects of LR.</p>

<p>LR is also well integrated with the rest of the world. I use plug-ins to export my pictures pretty much seamlessly to Zenfolio and Flickr. It also plays very well with Photoshop and Photoshop Elements.</p>

<p>All the best,</p>

<p>- Barry</p>

<p>Barry I think your right cause I just found a Facebook Plugin for LR and it seems to be 100% better option than Picasa. <br /> So I guess the only question is how do I remove the current catalog and import images with out deleting the photos? To LR the folders are missing but have they been renamed. I would manual find the missing folders but there are way too many to do manually.</p>

<p>This is definately something that we all have to focus on as digital photographers. Files have a way of getting very jumbled. I actually use a couple of things. I'll use photoshope to import the files and name them quickly. Then use picasa for viewing / deleting unwanted photos.</p>

<p>After reading this thread I've spent a few hours with LR2 and the online Adobe tutorial (how do you make that full screen? Its tiny!), I've decided to switch to the LR system. Its actually brilliant, just wish I hadn't spent 2 days on the PSE8 organisor!<br>

However, having dabbled LR I seem to have created a bit of a mess already, now that I understand its structure a little more, is there a way to delete the catalogue and preferences and start again, or do I have to uninstall/re install?</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Any suggestions for Organization for Windows 7</p>

</blockquote>

<p>What's wrong with Picasa for Windows 7? It's awesome. It's simple. Fast, no data base to worry about or wait for. And you're used to it. It's a great browser and shows a folders contents other than image files. Why not carry on and just learn how to update LR when you go in? It's just a matter of pointing LR to the new/different folder that your images are.</p>

<p>Making a new catalog is easy. You can make as many as you want and I have a few for the different genres that I shoot in. But, and a big but, is that you will have to load presets and setting for each catalog and can make it a pain.</p>

<p>Through windows, just navigate to were you want your new folder. I keep mine off of C drive and on my scratch disk. But if you are partitioned, I recommend you put it there. Right click and make new folder, name it whatever, like LR2.2010.07.08.</p>

<p>Then open LR and go File/Catalog settings and under General, you'll see where you are able to navigate to your new folder. Select and that's it.</p>

<p>You should make a meta data preset while you are at it and apply it to your new imports. You might wish to apply keywords while here as well. Both are these are good import habits to get into when using LR.</p>