NEED HELP WITH THE FLASH TRIGGERS

fernand_garcia

<p>hello everyone last week i posted the same question but i think people didnt understand i think,ok here we go again.<br>

im planning to shoot a wedding and i notice that the place where is going to be the party is very very dark so i need more then one speedlight .<br>

my plan is to use my nikon sb-600 on my camera body and put 2 more flashes around the place,so now my question is.HOW CAN I USED MY SB-600 ON MY CAMERA BODY BUT AT THE SAME TIME HAVE A FLASH TRIGGER SO THE OTHER 2 COULD WORK AT THE SAME TIME.<br>

MONEY IT'S AN ISSUE SO I NEED TO KNOW IF THERE'S ANY FLASH TRIGGER THAT WILL DO WHAT I WANT BUT NOT TO EXPENSIVE.</p>

<p>Use the other 2 flashes as optical slaves? What kinda flashes are they and how far are they away? If money is an issue, there's the Cactus triggers, but I find they're not the most reliable thing in the world. I think you can mount an SB-600 and still connect a trigger via your camera's PC sync port. Could be wrong though, I've never actually tried it.</p>

<p>blair hall i have 2 sb-800 and 1 sb-600 and cactus trigger heard that has very bad reviews and it only work on manual mode i need something that will work and manual and ttl as well so let me know if you have something in mind of any product.<br>

matt laur i have a fujifil s5 pro wich is same model as the nikon d200.</p>

<p>Ok so assuming it will function the same as a D200, if it were me, I'd use the SB-800 to command the other 800 and the 600 using infrared. The drawback to this, is if you're outdoors, you need perfect line-of-sight or it may not work. Come to think of it, it's a good thing to have line-of-sight indoors as well. If you're intent on radio triggers, maybe take a look at the Cybersyncs... I've heard plenty of good about them here on photo.net, and they're a lot easier on the wallet than Pocket Wizards.</p>

<p>Your SB600 is not a CLS commander, but if set iin camera shoe and in manual mode, it could trigger other flashes optically or via radio means (triggers), and not use any CLS features, all in manual modes. You would give up the CLS system of your camera and SB600. You could also explore SU-4 automatic mode.</p>

<p>However, your camera built-in flash is a CLS commander, so your SB600 should be CLS remote flash commanded from the popup flash. You already have 2 flashes for CLS system. Adding additional flash could be SB600, SB800, SB900 and you would preserve CLS automation.</p>

<p>If you get SB800, you could use it in camera shoe as a commander, instead of the built-in flash as a CLS commander. The F5 is not a D200 contrary to most beliefs, and there was some criticism about the built-in flash working in commander mode. Certainly SB800/SB900/SU800 in F5 camera shoe would work better as a CLS commander</p>

<p>You need to try what you have, the F5 popup commander and SB600 as remote CLS, nothing to bue yet, and see how that works for you. If it works OK, then get another SB600, or higher SB800/SB900 flash.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Fernand--I think everyone understood you OK, however, you didn't give us much to go on in your last post, and there are different ways of triggering, and different kinds of triggering, so the topic is confusing at best.</p>

<p>Given your statement that a) money is an issue and b) you want manual and TTL triggering, you have the following choices.</p>

<p>1.) Use Nikon CLS. You already have the pieces since the system is built into the flashes. You will need to do your research as to how to set these up. The disadvantages are as outlined above.</p>

<p>2.) Get Radiopoppers or Pocket Wizard Flexes and Minis. Neither one will be cheap. So if you can't afford the $300 and up price tags, might as well stick to the CLS system. Get on the respective manufacturer's sites to read about them.</p>

<p>Cybersyncs will not operate in Nikon TTL mode. And, as previously stated, if you are not in the U.S., or able to work through the Australian distributor, you will not be able to buy these. They are only sold through Paul C. Buff--the makers of the units. The original Pocket Wizards won't be able to work in Nikon TTL mode either.</p>

Same answer as your last post....

I use PW (pocket wizards) and have for several years. The cost is a bit high in my opinion.

I've heard great comments about the cybersyncs.

On your camera there should be a connection on the body allowing you to connect the wireless remote to the camera via a cord. Once you set the radio slave to the proper frequency on every flash unit. If your flash units don't contain the wire hookups you can buy an adapter from B&H or your favorite camera store. I use a west coast store called Woodland Hills Camera. Deal with Scott, no one else.

The adapter lets you plug in a radio slave cord that will fire your SB600.

To answer your other question optical will work at the line of sight. The trouble is EVERYONE with a flash will trigger your lights.

<p>As they say in court ... "Asked and answered".</p>

<p>If you did not understand some the answers from your other thread ... ask for clarification. The answers there covered every single possible remote flash possibility available today. </p>