Olympus Motor Drive 1 repair

jon_shumpert2

<p>I recently bought an Olympus OM2N that came with the Motor Drive 1 and M18v control grip 1. The drive does not seem to work. I cleaned all the contacts, then checked the voltage on the battery holder. It uses 12 AA batteries and I read about 15v using my rechargeable batteries. Does anyone have experience with repairing this motor drive. I have searched for prvious post regarding repairs and found helpful info on repair shops, however I don't plan on using it enough to justify paying for a repair. I am looking for any information regarding the dis-assembly of the drive. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks, Jon.</p>

<p>Inside the grip itself, look at the 2 large contacts that touch the battery holder. It is possible one or both are melted. Look at little pins on bottom of motor drive, also a common place to find melted pin insulator (black plastic around pins) OR one or more pins that are pushed in (they should all be springy). If pushed in / not springy, this is damage from overheating of contacts. Unit would need an overhaul. John (on vacation till 7/12)</p>