Lightroom 3 Keeps Crashing

<p>I upgraded from Lightroom 2.7 to Lightroom 3 and it just keeps crashing on me. The times it consistently crashes is when I am in the Slideshow module. If I put a slideshow together it will start and the images start to lose time and then it just crashes. It has also crashed during other various uses too. The problem occurs on my iMac (10.5.8) at home and my iMac (10.6.x) at the studio. I reinstalled LR3 on my home mac and it is still doing the same thing. I just cannot trust the new LR3 at this point. Anyone else having similar problems, and does anyone know how to rectify the issue? Thanks so much!</p>

<p>Hey Joe... where you goin', with that gun in your hand? Sorry, couldn't help myself (Hendrix).</p>

<p>I've only had LR3 on for a few days (PC) and I've noticed that if I'm doing a few things at once in other programs, LR seems to freeze up and then comes up with a message: "An unknown error has occurred."</p>

<p>I don't have to reload, just flick between modules.</p>

<p>I look forward to reading people's comments.</p>

<p>Good Luck.</p>

<p>Scott.</p>

<p>Have been using LR3 for approximately 3-4 weeks now and has not crashed once. Admittedly, I have not used the slideshow module, but overall it seems pretty solid to me. What specs are your iMacs? Mine is a 27" i7 with 8GB RAM. Also, check the version of ACR you're using and also run an integrity check on your catalogue.</p>

<p>Thanks guys. My macs are 21" & 24" both 4gb RAM, maybe I need that extra boost in RAM. I also usually have other applications such as itunes, etc open at the same time. If it keeps up I guess I'll just have to sit on hold with Adobe waiting for a response from some guy in India sitting in a cubical!</p>

<p>Depending on your model, you may be maxed out on ram.<br>

click the apple<br>

about this mac<br>

and look for the type of ram. If it is ddr2 then 4g is the most you can install.</p>

<p>I am there also 8(, but I have not yet puchased LR3</p>