NEED HELP WITH THE FLASH TRIGGERS.

fernand_garcia

<p>HELLO EVERYBODY IM PLANNING TO SHOOT A WEDDING IN A REALLY DARK PLACE AND I WAS WONDERING IF ANYBODY COULD HELP ME WITH THE FLASH TRIGGERS,<br>

MY PLAN IS TO USE MY CAMERA WITH MY NIKON SB-800 BUT I WANT TO USE 2 MORE FLASHES AND I NEED A REMOTE TRIGGER SO WHEN I SHOOT A PICTURES THE 2 EXTERNAL FLASHES WILL GO ON AND ALSO THE ONE THAT IS ON MY CAMERA HOW CAN I DO THAT IS THERE ANY ONE WHO COULD HELP ME THANK YOU</p>

<p>Another similar question was posted on here, and this was recommended, so I'm trying it. It's cheaper than the p.w. or r.p., but I can't say if it works yet, but I bought it to try it out.<br>

Cactus Wireless Flash Trigger Set V4 from Gadget Infinity. I have Nikon, too, but this is to use with that and a Vivitar 283.</p>

<p>Another route would be to pick up a couple more Nikon flashes that support the Creative Lighting System (Nikon's inbred multi-flash coordination system). The SB-800 certainly supports the Creative Lighting System. The SB-600 probably also supports it. And the more recent SB-900 probably supports it as well. The Creative Lighting System will do what you describe. You can set up 3 groups of external flash and set each group to fire a specific way.</p>

<p>I would suggest consulting this guide for indepth explanations for how you go about setting up the CLS for your particular site..<br>

Magic Lantern guide for Nikon Speedlights & The Creative Lighting System ...<br>

<a href="http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Lantern-Guides-Speedlight-Photography/dp/1579905889">http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Lantern-Guides-Speedlight-Photography/dp/1579905889</a></p>

<p>good luck...</p>

<p>Cybersyncs. Cheap, reliable, small transmitter, long battery life, great range.</p>

<p>You can still use a flash on your camera while firing remote units off camera. Just run a cable from the transmitter to the sync port on your camera.</p>

<p>Mount the flash in your camera's hot shoe and use it like you normally do.</p>

<p>Agree with RT. This is what I use. I can't for the life of me understand why these aren't dominating the market. They're tiny/compact, VERY simple to use, they work 100% of the time, they have great range, great battery life, and all at a FRACTION of the cost of PW's and other competitors.</p>

<p>You'll need one transmitter and two receivers ... plus three PC cords. </p>

<p>The transmitter has to have a PC sync port and so does your camera ... this allows you to use the SB800 in the camera's hot shoe for TTL fill, while triggering two other remote flashes wirelessly. The two off-camera flashes will NOT be TTL controlled, and will need to be set manually.</p>

<p>Each of the remote flashes will need a receiver to trigger it ... so the flashes also need a PC port, (or you'll need a PC cord equipped hot shoe). The SB800 does have a PC port, so if you were using two more SB800s all you need are the triggers ... which usually come with PC cords.</p>

<p>The thing you have to figure out is where to mount the transmitter. Some people use Velcro to stick it to the flash, some bungie-cord it to the flash, others use a bracket to hold the flash and the radio transmitter. </p>

<p>The Nikon CLS system is indeed very nice, but of limited use at receptions and such, because it is based on line-of-sight infrared communications, and are also limited in distance compared to radio systems such as Pocket Wizards, Elinchrom Skyports, or CyberSyncs.</p>

<p>CyberSync's seem to be the best bang for the buck these days.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>PWs can transmit and receive on the same unit, for $170 each, and are available at any mediocre rental house. That redundancy was enough for me. I've never had a problem with my set, but I wish they had a low battery warning. Like some electronics, they get funky when a battery is low and it's not always obvious when you're busy. I borrowed a Flex once, but found that the TTL didn't really work the way I had hoped. I'm not sure that it's worth the cash. Still, it was helpful and even fun. Lastly- If you're in the studio, some ProPhoto packs have PW receivers built into them.</p>

I use PW and have for several years. The cost is a bit high in my opinion.

I've heard great comments about the cybersyncs.

On your camera there should be a conection on the body allowing you to connect the wireless remote to the camera via a cord. Once you set the radio slave to the proper frequency on every flash unit. If your flash units don't contain the wire hookups you can buy them from B&H or your favorite camera store. I use a west coast store called Woodland Hills Camera. Deal with Scott, no one else.

<p>I have Pocket Wizards, and there are reasons to spend the extra money:<br>

1. They currently come with a 3-year warranty<br>

2. Mac Group will take care of problems if they arise. I purchased 3, of which 1 was faulty. They fixed it and sent it back. Now 100% reliable.</p>

<p> thank you everybody for all your help i was looking for the cybersync and i couldnt find it,anyways just to be clear,with this cybersync i could put my sb-800 on my camera and have 2 more around the area and all the speedlights would work? because that how i want it have one speedlight on my body and have 2 more around .</p>