Focusing screen EG-D Worth buying?

ann_gregory

<p>I was wondering whether or not to buy the EG-D grid focusing screen for my 5D Mark II? I would like to hear from owners of it as to what they think. Any negatives to it? It looks like a great screen to compose with.<br>

Thanks,<br>

Ann</p>

<p>The grid screen is great and especially helpful for architecture and other applications that require precise framing.<br>

However it's about time Canon learned how to impose a grid on the viewfinder image without the hassle of switching screens. On most Nikons you can toggle this in the menu.</p>

Thanks everyone for your replies. I know with live view you can choose from two different grid screens, but it would be nice to have the grid there at all times if you so choose. Live view is great, but a battery eater and not something a person should use for a real long extended period of time because the extra heat it produces in the camera.

<p>I definitely recommend the EG-D screen. I have it and love it. For $25, it is absolutely worth it. Yes, Liveview does provide the grids but the problem with that is that you have to be in Liveview where AF isn't fast. If you happen to get the grid screen, make sure to change the configuration on your 5DII for that screen so the light is metered properly.</p>