Linhof technika

s._c.

<p>So I finally got my first linhof. I think it is a IV, despite the store saying it was a III. It doesn't have that u shaped handle to pull the front standard onto the rails. It looks like the modern cameras with two dark buttons that get squeezed together to release the standard to be repositioned. It has forward and backwards tilt on the front standard. It is grey in color for the leather (could just be dirty tan) and the metal bed. The lensboard looks like the modern lensboards, just grey as well. No cam, came with the convertible 150 symmar. I think the numbers on top are 63819. The bed is not flat. It has the rotating back with the hood. I would appreciate more information on the model and tips for using this camera. I intend to use this for landscape and some table top stuff. I think I need an adapter for the lensboard cable release. Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>I'm pretty sure it is a iv. 63819.  It has the adjustible infinity stops for 150 and 90.  It just looks grey compared to the tan bed and leather.</p>

<p>I actually will probably never hand hold this camera, so I don't think getting a cam for it will be a serious inquiry. I'll probably look into a 90 and maybe a rollex back. Thank you for all your help. Can't wait to get some real time off to use it now.</p>

<p>You really do not want a Rollex back. You want the Super Rollex back. You can easily tell the ancient Rollex backs and the modern Super Rollex backs apart. The Old Rollex backs are knob wound, not lever wound.<br>

You might also like the Rapid Rollex back. This one slips in so you don't have to remove the ground glass back on the camera.</p>