Recommendations for Panasonic G2 bag?

jaxphotocat

<p>I got a Panasonic G2 on the way (hoo-ray). I would like to hear some suggestions for a bag to carry it. Something that is small and can just carry the camera and maybe a battery and extra memory card.<br>

I know there are bags that have a shoulder strap and a wait to hook up to a belt which seems like a good option.<br>

Those of you with any of the Panasonic G cameras with a EVFs please share how you carry the camera.<br>

Thanks.<br>

Mark</p>

<p>I've just received mine and with a 20mm lens it fits easily into a slim non photographic waist bag with room to spare for the extras you mention. You could probably fit one of their zoom lenses in as well, though not while attached to the camera. I was going to get a Billingham Hadley bag for it, but having used it in my waist bag, I'm not sure I need something that big. They really are nice and small.</p>

<p>Cheers</p>

<p>Alan</p>

When I'm out on location, I like to travel very light. I have always used a Domke flap-over bag that I purchased in the 80s... a little frayed at the edges, but still going strong! Since I mostly shoot models, I bring the three lenses for my G1 that I use the most... an Oly 9-18, the kit zoom, which a pretty darn good little lens, and the 20mm pancake.

I can get all this stuff in my bag, along with dedicated flash, accessories, paperwork-etc. and it works great. I don't know what kind of shooting you do, or how mobile you need to be, but for my work, the Domke is just what the Dr. ordered.

Michael, I took a look at your portfolio and you have some fabulous work! Your post caught my eye, as a new Lumix G1

owner myself. I am happy to see that you are using the G1 "professionally" :)

I was a a former 5D owner, with all the L lenses etc, the iq was excellent, but the camera was so heavy that I was

reluctant to carry it with me. The G1 is now my only digital camera. And to be honest, the IQ of the G1 imo is just as good

as the 5D under 400iso.

Ooops, looks like i hijacked this thread

Hi Jon,

Thank you very much for the compliment! Yes, I know of a few photographers who are using the G1/GH1/G2 professionally as their sole camera. And, there's probably a lot more who are but don't admit it! There's also a lot of folks who have purchased the G series as their "second" camera, but more and more, their DSLR tank stays in the bag - or at home.

Doing the kind of work I do (models and landscapes) the G series is perfect. I'm almost always at ISO 100, I'm not taking blistering speed sequences, and I'm not enlarging the finals to billboard-size prints. Under those conditions, I don't think the G series can be beat... and like you say, the light, compact size is just frosting on the cake!

Enjoy you G1!

Best,

Michael