Anitque Motoshima Zeitax folding camera

<p>Hello,<br>

i found this camera but could not find information on it. I really like the look of it but im not sure if its worth $19.95 i was wondering if anyone could give me some info at all. Anything would help at this point im just seaching though a few cameras and seeing what im interested in.<br>

Thanks,<br>

Elizabeth</p><div>00WkYJ-254697584.jpg.756f15a92aa0bb582dc751dbbefc698a.jpg</div>

<blockquote>

<p>i found this camera but could not find information on it.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>That's funny, because the photo you posted was ripped directly from the Camerpedia article on this model ( which has about as much info one could want).<br /> I don't mean to be impertinent, but this kind of violates the copyright owner as well as the Photo.net rules for posting photos that aren't yours.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>No prob. <br>

Well, as the Camerapedia article says.... nifty Japanese copy of Baldax folder. <br>

For $20, I'd buy it, even if just for the shelf. It might make some fun shooting : 16 6cmx4.5cm frames on a roll of 120 film, I'm guessing. The article wasn''t clear, but from other photos, it seems someone has used a modern plastic 120 spool in it. <br>

Small folders like this are nice to carry around in your pocket and could produce some decent shots , especially stopped down around f/11 or f/16. I'm actively searching for a replacement of my Ensign Selfix 16-20 (very similar).</p>

<p>Are you looking for a good user medium format camera ( folding, twin lens, or other) ?</p>

<p> </p>

• 4 years later...

4+ years later...

I was given one of these that appears to be not original, or a different version.

Other than being in poor condition (>50% leatherette is missing, big hole in bellows, rusted peeling paint on front where

leatherette is missing...but elsewhere has typical bare metal where it's gone),

It has a Star Rapid shutter (T,B,1-1/300) and a Rifax 7.5 cm f/3.5 lens that almost obscures the shutter name.

The shutter body release lever aligns with the camera shutter button release linkage and that works, but the threads to

mount a remote shutter release is blocked by the folding arm/standard structure...so it seems that shutter doesn't belong

to the Zeitax camera...but Star was apparently also a pre- WWII Japanese brand.

This Rifax lens seems to be associated with Balda.

Lastly, is the name Gabor Szabo common? Somewhere in my basement I gave one or two Gabor Szabo (Hungarian?)

jazz guitar LP's I enjoyed alot when I had a turntable set up (also in basement in a box somewhere.