Eizo CG251W & Windows 7 64-bit -- Profile that Regenerates

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>I have 2 new problems since I upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit with my Eizo CG241W calibration using and i1Display puck. The first is that the calibration is way off. It is simply wrong (a very green tint). The second is that even when I delete the profile (the file), and set a new default in Control Panel / Color Management, the profile suddenly re-appears after a re-boot.</p>

<p>Anyhone have any suggestions? Thank-you.</p>

<p>Ziggy</p>

<p>I still notice on X-Rite's site that the <em>i1 Display 2</em> (that's yours right?) isn't listed as Windows 7 compatible, much less 64 bit. Perhaps Win7 handles things so differently that your calibration is that off.</p>

<p>Have you tried contacting X-Rite? If memory serves you're not the first with an i1/Win7 issue.</p>

<p>it should be compatible. i recently got W7 64, using with with i1d2 and eizo CE210, and i don't have any problem running color navigator and getting a good calibration. i didn't do anything special when i set it up, either -- as it was all new to me.</p>

<p>I seem to still 3 major problems. Any help on any of them appreciated. First is the my (bad) Color Navigator profile seems to keep coming back from the dead on re-boot (even if I delete it). The second is Color Navigator and i1Display 2 still not calibrating correctly, even after re-installing drivers.</p>

<p>Also one question. If I use Color Navigator, I assume the monitor must be on "CAL". But if I use an alternate profiler like i1Match, what should the monitor be set to? "EMU" or "Custom"? </p>

<p>Thx.</p>

<p>I'm having trouble with i1d2 and windows 7 64bit also. I just got a new computer (it worked fine with windows xp) that has windows 7. When I install, it seems like everything's a go, but when I attach the puck, it's not recognizing it. It says "unsigned driver, this version of windows requires valid digital signature, driver is not available." On the xrite website, it does state that it's not compatible with windows 7 and update information is available, but I couldn't find anything that would help. I've sent a message to support, but am sure I won't hear from them until Mon. at least. Maybe this issue Ziggy is experiencing is related?? Help!</p>

<p>The x-rite page is pretty clear that they don't support iD2 yet on windows 7 officially. See:</p>

<p><a href="http://www.xrite.com/support_doc.aspx?supportid=5084">http://www.xrite.com/support_doc.aspx?supportid=5084</a></p>

<p>but there are lots of blogs on the next that says this combo does work.</p>

<p>To be 1000% sure you are loading the right driver, try going computer, right-click and select manage, then device manager, and you should see "X-rite devices" near the bottom. Expand it, then right-click iDisplay, Properties, then Driver, and update driver by pointing to the v2.40 driver folder you downloaded. I would note after you do all that, properties still shows the driver version as 2.0.0.0. Maybe u know all this, but just in case you didn't, there it is.</p>

<p>So we have 2 different problems I think, as I had no issue recognizing the device, and I'm sure I have the right driver.</p>

<p>Just wanted to let you know that I was able to solve the problem with the help of Xrite...<br>

<p >The following link will walk you through installing the i1Match software and getting the device to connect after it is installed. The main things that can affect this with Windows 7 is 1) being on an older version of the software and 2) the UAC blocking the connectivity. This information can be found in the following link:</p>

<p > </p>

<p ><a href="http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?ID=788&Action=support&SupportID=5200" target="_blank">http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?ID=788&Action=support&SupportID=5200</a></p>

<p > </p>

<p >Everything is working well now. Hope you get your problem solved Ziggy.</p>

<p >Good luck </p>

<p > </p>

</p>