Rodenstock Apo-Ronar or G-Claron for 8x10?

<p>They are both process lenses? The good news is they are very very sharp at Macro, the bad news is they are only very sharp at infinity. ;)</p>

<p>If you were to mention the focal length of the lenses that might help. Some would suggest that a 300mm lens is a "normal" coverage lens on an 8x10. Some may like something a bit wider.</p>

<p>I have a G-Claron 355mm and use it a lot with my 8x10 as it covers my 12x20. It is a bit long for a normal lens for 8x10 but it suits me well.</p>

<p>If you could let us know the focal lengths and what you like to shoot, black and white or color, studio or landscape, this would help me form an opinion.</p>

<p>Lenses are tools. Some suited better to somethings than others. Ask my wife, she used one of my expensive chisels as a paint can opener.</p>

Yep i just found out that the guy selling the apo ronar used a 4x5 reduction, nevermind

About the g claron i a 305 on a sinar F,an outfit for sale im thinking to buy as my first 8x10 since i dont wanna spend

more

My goal is to shoot everythin, with no commercial purpose but just personal projects, can be on the street as in a studio or

my apartment...

I bet the sinaron s or n o sirona etc they might be pretty more xpensive, that why the gclaron could be a good solution...

<p>I use a 240mm G-Claron for 4x5 and occasionally for 8x10. I don't think you really need to worry about sharpness...it is plenty sharp. In fact, it may be sharper than you'd like for portraits. It is probably my favorite LF lens. You will definitely not be disappointed</p>