Just letting off some steam

<p>It's about 25 years since I took wedding photos but even then I always took my girlfriend along as a spoiler. With perfect timing, everytime I took a photo she would move in to fuss with the Bride's dress, hair, pose etc. When I was ready for the next shot she would move out just long enough for me to take the next pose then back in to spoil everyone elses oportunities. Don't peop[le still do this?</p>

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Sometimes I think you just have to be the bad guy, even if its an awkward situation. I agree, it would drive me nuts to have someone re-posing my shots. The following around....eh..not so much it happens. I would have said something early on though to him, that I only had a limited time with the bride and groom, and that he is welcome to take as many pictures as he wanted once I was done. I luckily only had to do this once, and the lady was not happy with me. I wasn't rude, but you could tell she was used to running the show.</p>

<p>I wrote a long post on this subject which sparked the normal long debate at www.photocrati.com/wedding-photography-and-uncle-bob.</p>

<p>I make it a point to discuss this sort of thing with the B&G before the wedding. Then, if someone is in my way during formals I step to the side and lower my camera, smiling the whole time. That's when the B&G usually speak up and tell Uncle Bob to get out of my way.</p>

<p>The bigger problem that I have is the occasional guest who stands up during the processional and steps into the aisle. Oddly enough, it's usually the mother or father of the bride who will block my shot with their point-and-shoot! :)</p>