Epson V600 scan alignment problem

<p>I've been thrilled with the ease and service of my new Epson scanner, however, I've run across a little problem that I can't find a solution to in the help guide.</p>

<p>Whenever I scan negatives where I've photographed someone against what is essentially a totally black background (and this has also happened with night shots), the scanner will not properly index on my negatives. Invariably I'm getting cut off scans with some of the next frame scanned as well. Try as I might I can't seem to find the proper solution to aligning the scanner path to compensate for this. All I'm reading in their help guide is how to crop the image in the scanner, not how to adjust the scan path.</p>

<p>Which one of you wisened heads has an easy cure for my little problem?</p>

<p> </p><div>00WdBO-250353584.thumb.jpg.335d1ea4335377a49b57bbeb75b13520.jpg</div>

<p>When I preview and san as 'normal' it reduces the entire scan to one simple, tiny frame, Stuart. I don't think I've accomplished anything.</p>

<p>Reading further into the minutia of problems, it appears that extremely dark backgrounds and astronomical shots fall under the category of 'unrecognizable films'. And from there I still haven't found how to remedy my solution.</p>

• 3 weeks later...