Any other Norita users?

john_gateley

Anybody else out there use Norita cameras?

I loved mine when I bought it new in the mid-70's and now many years later I've picked up another outfit. Shot some Velvia with the 80 and 40m lenses while on the Golden Gate Bridge the other day and the lens quality is still as good as I remembered.

I'm a squre format fan, and while I've tried Hassy, Bronica, even Kowa over the years, and I used the Pentax 67 for a long time, I always thought back to the square-format handheld Norita as "my" ultimate medium-format camera.

Anybody else feel like I do?

<p>

John Gateley

• 1 month later...

I stumbled into a Norita several years ago, and immediately loved it. I need to get it and my Rittrek winds repaired. I wish I knew how to do this myself. My 40mm lens also has a weird problem. Anyway, I use it for my exhibition images, and wish bodies were easier to find at better prices. A truly wonderful camera. I have two 40mm lenses, 50mm, 240, and a strange 400mm that someone made fore it.

<p>

Ted

• 1 month later...

I bought a Norita outfit (non-TTL prism, 80/2.0) about 4 yeats ago on a brisk, wintery day in NYC. It worked fine in the shop, but when I took it outdoors (it was about 20 degrees F or lower), the mirror would stick in the up position. It would eventually fall back down upon brief warming. In those years, I was too broke to keep a camera that I couldn't trust. I still loved the feel and wished they had one to exchange. Instead, I returned it. Am I a fool? What could have been happening?

<p>

Please Email me: Ivansinger@sprintmail.com

• 7 months later...

Yes, I also have a Norita 66, with 40mm and 80mm lenses. Really fantastic camera, good to hold and the lenses are excellent. Recently tested my lenses rigorously(same peice of film, same light and subject, same development) and found the 80mm to be better than the Hassellblad 80mm Planar.

<p>

Also like the fact takes 220 film as well as 120 film.

<p>

I've heard the Norita was invented by the inventor of the Nikon F, Nikon never made any medium format. The story goes the inventor left Nikon because of this and made the wonderful Norita 66. Any thoughts, or more particularly facts on the Camera??

<p>

Can anyone suggest a place I can get an instruction book????

• 4 years later...