Mono lights to pack and head

mike_nue

<p>I'm switching over from mono lights to a pack and head setup and have a simple question or two. I plan on using dynalite heads and packs and see that the common pack that is affordable is 1000w rated. I also see that many of the heads that would seem to match up are rated to 1000w or 2000w. My question is that if either of those heads were used on a 1000w pack would they only be powered based on 1000w divided by the number of heads plugged in or do all channels get 1000w?<br>

Thanks in advance for the clarification!</p>

<p>Yep. With a pack system the w/s rating is that of the pack. You can divide the power to the heads in different ratios but the total can not be higher than the pack rating. On the other hand you can use two 1000w/s heads on a 2000w/s pack. With some of them you can even connect multiple packs to a higher power head. Pack systems are very versatile.</p>

<p>Just remember that you have to use the lowest power rating of your setup, for instance if you have a 2000w/s pack and a 1000w/s head, you are limited to 1000w/s, but with most systems you could set the pack to 2000w/s and blow the head, so you need to think about what you are doing.</p>

<p>Personally I have used both packs and mono lights and I wouldn't consider trading in my monos for a head and pack of any price a good deal. I hated using a head and pack and dealing with those heavy cables running everywhere back to the pack. With my White Lightning X1600's, Vagabons and wireless triggers i feel freedom to create. I can have my lights 30, 40, 50 feet away if required with no wires for people to trip over. Vagabon and triggers make the whole thing completely self contained and portable. Also, with the Cybersyncs I can remoted dial my lights up or down at fractions of a step to dial lighting in exactly. Packs give much less control and often blow fuses because pack is plugged into one outlet versus distrubeted to many outlets like Mono's.<br>

Just my 2 cents.. Don't want to piss off the head and pack users...</p>