Rollei 35 RF any good?

<p>Dear all,</p>

<p>I am new to this RF world and has been using SLR all this time. Now I have the opportunity to buy this camera w/ CSV 40mm f/1.4 nokton w/ an ok, not mint, condition for usd 500. Is this a good deal?<br>

I use 28mm or 35mm a lot. Would I regret buying this since its widest only 40mm and if I ever change body, the 40mm would be useless since it seems that most leica m-mount camera frameline is 28/35/50. Anybody can throw me their 2 cents on this?<br>

<br />Thanks.</p>

<p>Wow, thanks for the super fast response Alex.<br>

The camera is in working condition, clean viewfinder, comes w/ non original minolta rf strap. Body comes with very minor scratch and the rubber cover in the front is gone and has been replaced by some cheap leather imitation (I plan to replace this with nicer one). Lens is in good condition, comes w/ filter and non-original front and back cap. No box and manual or whatsoever. What do you guys think?</p>

<p>The 40mm works well with the 35mm framelines on the Leica M6/M4P etc. It has to be slightly modified to bring up the 35mm framelines. However, it sounds like 40 is not wide enough for you (it is right for me for some shots,as a general walkaround lens, but I also need 28/24/21). If you just want an RF with only one lens, maybe a 35 is better for you. I would not be without a 35.</p>

<p>I'd ask for a reduction if I were to buy it. The covering problem is typical of Bessas. Cameraleather has a replacement that should work on this camera. What condition is the lens in? I really don' have good feelings about this thing.</p>