Nikon D90 or Canon EOS 50D

<p>hi guys!<br /><br />I just want to ask your expert opinion from your experiences with these cameras. I'm planning to buy a new DSLR maybe by Dec this year and Im choosing between these two, Nikon D90 and Canon EOS 50D.<br /><br />I have read both reviews from Ken Rockwell to Cameralabs and from other sites as well. Both were given very good reviews. Now, I just want to know your experiences from these two to help me consider which one to buy. Im looking for a camera which is worth keeping for the rest of my life to the point i wont be bothered in buying another one in the long future. If you have other recommendations other than these two, please let me know to consider too...<br /><br />Im in to family photography, special occasions, portraiture and sometimes moving subjects. Im also looking with that with a fast AF and good in low light conditions plus a good grip for comfort-ability in handling it.<br /><br />I've heard that the price of 50d is falling due to competition with DSLR's with video capability. So which do you think i could save more between the two?<br /><br />thank you guys! hope to hear from you...</p>

<p>All I can say is that I love my D90 and the quality of the images it can produce.</p>

<p>I'm sure a Canon user will say the same thing.</p>

<p>Try them both - go to the store and put the same lens (say an 18-55mm) on and try them. See what feels better to you. I love how the D90 with the MB-D80 grip attached fits in my large hands.</p>

<p>If all your looking for is a camera that saves money (over what exactly?) and is worth keeping for the rest of your life (in a time when every new model has some new desired and some not so desired feature), then I'd get a 40D. You should be able to get one slightly used, refurbished or just forgotten on a shelf somewhere for 400$/ 300€.<br>

But then maybe you should tell us what you want it for - other than to save money, for which the best prolly would be to not buy any ;-)</p>

<p>Hendrik</p>

<p>If you aren't buying till December than I would wait to make a choice. By that time there may be new models out.<br>

Also, I wouldn't base any decisions off of Ken Rockwell's site. Just stick with more reputable sites and the forums and ask lots of questions.<br>

Also remember. You are buying a system, not just a camera. You have lenses you will want and external flashes and a whole host of other things. To get a majority of this stuff and then decide you want to change brands can get very, very costly.</p>